Contact City Hall at 509-493-1133 or by email Dial 911 in an Emergency
Bingen-White Salmon Business Partners
Bingen-White Salmon Business Partners identify, develop, and complete projects that make the Bingen/White Salmon area more attractive and interesting in order to attract visitors, businesses and productive residents to the area, foster a creative and vibrant atmosphere, demonstrate a strong and committed community, and improve the economic vitality, prosperity and the livability of the area for everyone.
Business Partners was established in 2008 as a White Salmon City Council committee under Councilman Brad Roberts and continued subsequently under Councilman Anthony Coulter. In May, 2010 we evolved into an independent business association representing the interests of the citizens and businesses of both Bingen and White Salmon.
Bingen-White Salmon Business Partners now reaches out to over 225 residents and businesses from the White Salmon, Bingen, Husum, Pucker Huddle, and Snowden areas. Email BWSBP1@gmail.com to be added to our mailing list.
Business Partners goal is “To identify significant opportunities to improve the prosperity of the Bingen-White Salmon community, and to develop and implement concrete initiatives and community action plans to fulfill those opportunities.” Since May, 2009 we have accomplished this goal through numerous projects to improve the appearance and livability of our communities.
- Produced and promoted over 12 highly successful summer concert series extravaganzas in our White Salmon and Bingen community parks
- Organized and assisted in painting our unique salmon crosswalks
- Organized the painting of salmon murals on two downtown chain link fences, artistically hiding blighted empty lots
- Produced several highway banners directing visitor traffic to Bingen and White Salmon businesses
- Rejuvenated and installed supplementary drip watering in downtown White Salmon planter beds
- Cleaned up the recycle demonstration plot in Rheingarten Park and the WA Park-N-Ride near the Hood River Bridge
- Organized the 2011 Safe Halloween event in downtown White Salmon
In addition, we are:
- Initiating efforts for a Disc Golf Course, a Bike Skills Park, and a Columbia Riverside Park
- Working with WA DOT for signage on 141/141Alt identifying the distances to White Salmon services
- Researching how other WA cities have received sizeable grants for downtown beautification
- Working to revitalize the sail park at the Port
Our sponsors include Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce, SDS Lumber, Insitu, McCoy Holliston Insurance, Hood River Inn, True Gorge Artisans, Soluna Vineyards, US Autocare, and others. We maintain a website listing community events and projects at BingenEvents.com or WhiteSalmonEvents.com. Any committed citizen is welcome to attend our meetings and contribute their ideas and energies to improve the prosperity and livability of our communities.