Volunteers involved with “Economic Restructuring” will be primarily working on strengthening, expanding, and diversifying the community’s existing economic base by
- Mentoring and helping existing local businesses to succeed and expand,
- Recruiting and incubating new businesses that answer today’s market needs,
- Recruiting and incubating new businesses that have potential to set tomorrow’s market trends.
Examples of the important tasks these volunteers would be asked to help with include:
- Business recruiting,
- Business retention,
- Business environment planning,
- Helping design and provide financial opportunities and incentives,
- Helping develop ordinances and incentives that encourage business development.