Participation of citizen volunteers is an extremely important part of efforts to improve the City of White Salmon. The City encourages you to participate in community improvement efforts by volunteering to serve on committees that form a common sense approach to community development, maintenance, and revitalization. Your volunteer efforts will assist and benefit the community by:
- creating a positive community image,
- preserving the character of the community,
- creating and maintaining visually appealing public areas,
- maintaining aesthetically and economically viable buildings,
- attracting new businesses,
- creating new jobs,
- protecting and strengthening the existing tax base.
The City of White Salmon has many openings for volunteers to serve. If you can offer even a small amount of your time as a volunteer, your participation will be valuable and greatly appreciated. Please contact City Hall (509-493-1133) to volunteer your abilities and background; we will develop a more individualized profile and contact you when opportunities arise that may interest you.