Planning activities are administered by Associate Planner Erika Castro-Guzman who may be contacted at (509) 493-1133 x209. The objective of the Department is the day-to-day administration of the City’s land use regulations, which focus on public information services, building permit review for conformance with zoning regulations, environmental policy review for all public and private sector projects, and land use permit processing. Land use permit processing includes Conditional Use Permits, Variances, Home Occupation Permits, Rezones, Subdivisions, Short Plats, Boundary Line Adjustments and Sign Permits.
City of White Salmon Planning and Building Permits
Erika Castro-Guzman – Associate Planner – 509-493-1133 x209
- Building Permit Application
- New Water/Wastewater Service Connection Application
- Conditional Use Permit Application and Checklist
- Demolition Permit Application
- Excavation and Grading Permit Application
- Excavation and Grading Instructions
- Fence Regulations
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Right of Way Permit Application
- Right of Way Permit Fees
- Right of Way Permit Application Instructions and Conditions
- Short Plat Application and Checklist
Planning Studies and Master Plans
- Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Comprehensive Land Use Map
- 2009 Urbanization Study
- Zoning Map
- Draft Shoreline Master Program
Planning Commission Mission Statement
- That property owners and citizens of White Salmon are entitled to an adequate, professional service level for community planning in all areas of land use, zoning, density provisions, community growth and development, quality environmental ambiance, and the preservation and enhancement of community quality of life.
- That land use policies and management practices within the White Salmon Urban Growth Area should reflect the goals, objectives, and intent of land use policy and planning provided within the City.
- That ordinances of the City should be appropriately updated to provide for sound land use and community development policy while meeting requirements of State of Washington Land Use Law.
- That an aggressive program for the orderly Annexation of all properties that are contiguous to the City of White Salmon should be timely implemented with the intent to broaden the City’s tax base, within the limitations of the City’s utilities and street systems infrastructure to accommodate such growth.
- That fiscal policies and decisions of the City must be appropriate to provide for adequate human resources to realize the goals, objectives and intent of the department’s Mission Statement.