The City of White Salmon operates a water and wastewater system inside and outside City Limits. The current rates and charges can be found here. The city bills the base fees monthly and water usage is billed every-other month.
The City has listened to the requests from customers and we now offer a paperless billing option, and a way to pay your bill online without any fees! Information about the service is listed below, or you can contact City Hall (509) 493-1133 for more information.
Paperless Billing and Online Payment Services – Express Bill Pay
The Easiest Way to Pay Your Bill
Our new online bill payment option saves you time and gives you more flexibility in how you pay your bill.
If you have an Internet connection and an e-mail address, you can now pay your bill online. It’s fast, it’s easy, and you no longer have to write a check each month or find a stamp when it’s time to send in your payment.
How It Works
- We have partnered with Xpress Bill Pay, the premier provider for online bill payment systems.When you sign up for online bill payment you get a unique password that you use to access your personal account at XpressBillPay.com. Every month we’ll send you a reminder e-mail to let you know when your bill is online.
- Then, just log in through your Web browser and view your bill, which will look like the paper statement you’re familiar with. Select a payment type — credit card, debit card, or electronic funds transfer — enter the information, and you’re done!
- It’s that easy, and it only takes you a few minutes each month.
How to Sign Up
- Go to the Make Payments Online link on the city’s website for www.XpressBillPay.com. We have partnered with Xpress Bill Pay to provide you with online bill payment service.
- Click on “Create a free account.” If you’ve already signed up with Xpress Bill Pay, you can log in with your e-mail address and password.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. You will need a valid e-mail address to create an account. Once you’ve submitted your information, you will receive a default password by e-mail.
- Go back to www.XpressBillPay.com and log in using your e-mail address and password. The “Add e-Bills” page appears. Follow the instructions on the screens to add us to your Xpress Bill Pay account. If you have multiple city utility accounts, you can access all of them with just one login.
- Once you’ve created an account, you’ll be able to go online at any time to view and pay your bills.
Q&A About Online Bill Payment
Q: Does it cost anything to sign up for online bill payment?
A: No. It’s free to sign up for online bill payment and to use the service.
Q: What is Xpress Bill Pay?
A: Xpress Bill Pay is the company we have partnered with to handle our online bill payment and to allow for paperless billing. You access your account from their website, XpressBillPay.com.
Q: What payment choices do I have?
A: You can pay your bills with a credit or debit card, or you can transfer funds directly from your checking account.
Q: What will my bill look like online?
A: We try to match the look of your paper statement as much as possible, so you’ll find it easy to read your bill onscreen.
Q: What other information is available?
A: You can view up to a year’s history of your account online, so you can compare your current bill to a year ago. Due to the transition, the latest the bills go back currently is to Nov. 25, 2013.
Q: Do I need to pay my bills from my computer?
A: Not at all. You can pay your bill from anywhere in the world! All you need is access to the Internet through a Web browser. You then log in to your account using your e-mail address and password. No need to worry about late payments if you’re out of town when your bill is due. You are also able to set up auto-pay with your credit card or checking account and have it withdrawn on a date you choose. The bill still needs to be paid by the 20th of each month, but you can choose any date between the 1st and the 20th for payment.
Q: How do I know the payment went through?
A: After you complete the transaction, you can receive an e-mail receipt to confirm that your payment went through. The city will also update the online information the following business day and the account will show that a payment has been made-whether it was paid online or not.
Q: Is my information safe?
A: Absolutely. All the transactions are handled on secure servers. As long as you don’t give out your password, only you will be able to access your account. Plus, your personal information or e-mail address will not be sold or rented to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
Utility Account Application
If you have recently purchased a home or signed a new lease/rental agreement and are responsible for the utility bills, you will need to complete a Utility Application to switch the service over to your name. We will also need two forms of identification and a copy of the statutory warranty deed (if purchasing) or a copy of your lease/rental agreement. These documents help to prevent identity theft as utility bills are frequently used to obtain drivers licenses or other forms of ID.
New Utility Connections
Information regarding new connections for service can be found on the Planning/Building/Permitting page. An application for new service will need to be completed and can be found on that page as well.
Consumer Confidence Reports
Every year the city completes the annual Consumer Confidence Report which provides information on the health of the water system, compliance with water regulations and describes projects that have occurred on the system. The link to prior years reports are below: